Hydroponic gardening is break up into two parts i.e. outdoor gardening and indoor gardening. Summer is the best weather for outdoor gardening, as you get natural light from the sun. With a small preparation, you can set up your own outdoor hydroponic garden with the use of homespun hydro technique. Growers can make the use of hydroponic system through the system of circulating bucket. They are moderately simple to assemble and maintain. It will surely help you grow large plants that endure the elements and generate vast harvests. Here is your complete guide that will help you start your outdoor hydroponic garden easily:
Requirements and Fittings:
1. Outdoor garden requires more water than the indoors, so you need a growing medium that can hold good amount of moisture. Use a good growing medium for this.
2. You will need a 5-gallon buckets and a Standard Controller Systems that includes an 8-gallon controller module and a 13-gallon master reservoir. The controller is situated beneath the master reservoir and is connected with a float valve. As the water level drops, the float valve prompts and fill up the controller through the master reservoir. This helps to maintain a continuous supply of nutrients and water into it.
3. You will require a 3.2-gallon bucket which should be fitted with farm kit. This includes a pumping column and a support that expands from the base of the 5-gallon bucket to the 3.2-gallon bucket, from there it attaches the drip ring. It enables the nutrients solution to pass from the bucket to the drip ring.
4. Water Farm Kit is used to connect the buckets towards the controller; this allows the nutrient to flow between the buckets and the controller. This makes sure that the level of pH and TDS remains constant. It enables the grower to constantly check the parameters straight from the drain level that reduces your time and labour.
5. To ensure that your pH level is mixed and adjusted properly, you will require a Shutoff Valve between the controller and the master reservoir.
6. To oxygenate the nutrient, you will require air pumps that move from the pumping area towards the drip ring. Use air pumps as per the buckets used in the system.
Remove the handles from the buckets with the use of pliers. Drip ring needs to be placed in the centre of the bucket, which is 1 inch above from the bucket's side. Use a driller to drill holes in centre bottom of 3.2 gallon buckets that will easily drain off the excess material. On the opposite side of the 5 gallon buckets about 1 inch from the bottom, drill a hole and insert a ½ grommet. Place the 5-gallon buckets, controller module and the master reservoir as needed and join them using the blue tubing in the middle of each bucket. Bring together the float valve and insert the grommet and "T" fitting in the bottom of the controller. You need to install Shutoff valve and tubing between the controller and the master reservoir. Due to this, the nutrient solution is easily mixed in the master reservoir. Place the Eco Air in a dried up area and join each outlet towards the air tube from the pumping column. Now, you can plug the timer and air pump and set the irrigation timer for 15 minutes, two times a day. You can also reduce or increase the irrigation timing and cycle.
This is the last process of outdoor hydroponic garden set up. The master reservoir needs to be placed on top of the controller quite close to the Shutoff Valve. Fill in the water in the master reservoir to check out for leaks. Close the shutoff valve before you fill the master reservoir and close it when the nutrient solution empties. After the procedure, it is perfect time to shift your plants into the buckets.
For new indoor plants, sunlight would be very harsh for them. Choose a shaded area for indoor plants in first few weeks or you can introduce plants to sunlight one hour a day. Gradually, increase the number hours of sunlight per day in a week.
Pesticides are the biggest problem for outdoor gardening and hence use good quality pesticides for the plants. You can also rely on spray mix for prevention from pests and insects. Find shady spot for less heat-bearable plants and make sure the electrical equipment you use for the gardening should be protected from rain.
Nike Jackson has 10 years of extensive growing experience using hydroponic nutrients & fertilizers. He likes to write about hydroponics, hydroponic growing, hydroponic equipments and everything related to hydroponic farming.
Want to know more on gardening or need some expert tips, please visit: http://www.advancednutrients.com/hydroponics/
FG_AUTHORS: Home-and-Family:Gardening Articles from EzineArticles.com
Read more http://ezinearticles.com/7492636